We’ve heard all of the usual complaints:
“I contacted a PI firm in Las Vegas, but no one from the agency returned my call.”
“I paid the private investigator a retainer and after two weeks they had produced little to no results.”
“The private investigator I spoke to was completely unsympathetic to my situation.”
As unbelievable as they sound, these comments are exactly the type of feedback that we receive on a weekly basis about other firms. Prospective clients who are in need of a private investigation firm and have not been referred by a lawyer, business associate, etc., can expect the process of hiring a private investigation firm to be an extremely frustrating experience.
We recommend the following steps when hiring a private investigation firm in Las Vegas, Nevada.
1. Ask for a referral from someone who’s had successful results from a professional investigation company.
2. If you cannot obtain a referral from an attorney or some other reliable source, be sure to review the firm’s website for credible testimonials. If the company’s website does not display such testimonials then ask the firm for for references.
3. Make sure that the PI firm’s license is active and that all of their employees are registered with the State of Nevada Private Investigator’s Licensing Board. www.nevadapilb.glsuite.us
4. Ask the private investigation firm their specialty. Hiring a private investigator who specializes in the work you need done is important to receiving high quality results.
5. When speaking to a private investigator about your case, do your best to gauge your comfort level with he or her: is the investigator thoughtful; sensitive and open-minded.
6. Communication between the client and investigator is key. Any professional investigation firm should be available to their clients 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
7. Do not hire a private investigation firm simply because they offer the lowest rate. In most cases you get what you pay for. Make sure you ask about additional charges such as mileage, DVD copies, investigative research and administrative fees.
About the Author
De Becker Investigations, Inc. is an exclusive licensed and bonded private investigation firm based in Las Vegas, Nevada specializing in Surveillance and Undercover Investigations.