A solid Las Vegas private investigator can provide a wide variety of services to his clients. These services include operations for individuals and operations for corporations. Almost always, the services of a private eye are intended to end in a court case, which means the state of Nevada or the city of Las Vegas will get involved on some level. When it comes to their expectations of a PI Las Vegas and Nevada have very similar requirements. But what should you expect when dealing with a private investigator?
If you’re an individual looking to hire a PI for a personal issue, you can expect privacy, respect, and that the case will take longer than you want it to. It’s a simple fact that most private citizen’s issues require more time than they expect, even when they take this rule into account. Here are some services that Las Vegas PIs frequently offer their clients:
- Finding Missing Persons: The police are legally obligated to wait a certain period of time before they begin investigating a disappearance, and the trail can go cold in hours. A private investigator can and will being tracing their location immediately.
- Divorce: Possibly the most common job that any private investigator does, pursuing adulterers or seeking evidence for alimony adjustments are a PI’s bread and butter.
- Child Support/Custody: If your spouse moves or changes his name, and takes your child with him, the police don’t have the manpower to track him down — but a private investigator will.
If you represent a business that requires a private investigator, you can expect efficiency, quick results, and cost-effectiveness. Because business matters are much less emotional, and much less legally complex, private investigators can often get to the bottom of business issues quite effectively. Some reasons a business might hire a Las Vegas private investgator include:
- Background Checks: While online services can give you a basic idea of someone’s background, if you’re hiring for a very sensitive position, it only makes sense to hire a professional.
- Worker’s Compensation: It’s a sad fact that some workers will feign injury to avoid working and collect a paycheck anyway. A private investigator can tell you whether a worker’s claim is legitimate or not.
- Loss Prevention: Similarly, some workers can’t help but help themselves to your goods. When your security cameras and other employees aren’t helping to find the inventory leak, a PI is your best bet.